Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information – This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. It includes your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, employer, and job function. We request Personally Identifiable Information when you register to use any on-line system, order a product or service, participate in certain promotional activities, fill out surveys, and correspond with us. Once you register and sign in, you are not anonymous to us. The personally identifiable data we collect when you visit the Site may include the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the Web site that you came from before visiting the Site, which pages you visit on the Site, which URL you next go to, which browser you used to come to the Site, your platform, your user name, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and any search terms entered on the Site. We use industry-accepted standards and technology (including ‘cookies’ *) to collect this data and also take reasonable and up-to-date measures to maintain the security and integrity of collected data.
Why We Collect this Information
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide our customers and other users with superior service and a smooth, efficient, and personalized experience while using the Site. For example, if you purchase products or request information on the Site, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information to fill your order or provide the requested information. We may use Personally Identifiable Information to analyze customer behavior to help us understand how users use the Site and to measure interest in the various pages. We may use this information to improve the content of the Site and to make the Site easier to use.
How We Use Your Information
We gather and may use information in a number of ways, including the following:
- Browsing and Searching – We collect certain Personally Identifiable Information when you visit the Site or click on the various links for products and services. We collect this information to help run the Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information, to monitor the level of activity on the Site, and possibly to evaluate the effectiveness of any of our advertising.
- Ordering – We collect Personally Identifiable Information when you purchase products and services. We collect this information to deliver your order, to obtain payment, and to communicate with you about the status of your order.
- Technical Support – We may collect certain information when you request technical support for Crydom and/or CST products. This information is necessary to identify your systems, understand the configuration of the products, diagnose your questions, and provide solutions.
- Online Surveys and Polling – We collect Personally Identifiable Information from customers who volunteer to complete surveys or participate in polls. We may use this information to improve our products and services.
- Promotional Activities – We collect Personally Identifiable Information from you when you enter a promotional program or activity. We may use this information to administer the program or activity, to send you promotional e-mails, notify winners, and make the winners’ list publicly available pursuant to applicable regulations and laws.
- Newsletters and Promotional E-mails – We collect Personally Identifiable Information when you ask to receive newsletters, promotional e-mails, and other information. We use this information to provide you the information you request.
- Contact Information – If you contact us, we keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including Personally Identifiable Information, in a file specific to you. We may use this information to help us provide you better service in the event you contact us again.
Sharing Your Information
From time to time, we may be required to provide Personally Identifiable Information in response to a court order, subpoena, or government investigation. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful. We may release certain Personally Identifiable Information when we believe that such release is reasonably necessary to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others and ourselves. It is also possible that Crydom and/or CST or its related entities could merge with or be acquired by another business entity or their respective assets could be acquired. Should such a merger or acquisition occur, it is likely Crydom and/or CST would share some or all of your Personally Identifiable Information to continue serving you and other users of the Site.